Monday, November 17, 2008

The boys...

It was an early Christmas at the Osgoods on Sunday, November 9th. Led by Coach Janeen Bahr and Team Mom Nancy Walker, the Palm Desert Boys Water Polo teams arrived at the Osgood home in LaQuinta and proceeded to decorate the outside of the house with lights, wreaths and ornaments, while another group decorated the inside with ornaments and ribbon, another group decorated the christmas tree, while still another group wrapped christmas gifts inside the garage. It was like watching a scene from a Christmas movie. All the while Skip was watching from his bed and enjoying the Christmas Spirit that was abuzz right there in his family room.He greeted each person who went by with an outstretched arm and a big thank you in between catnaps. Linda was overjoyed and a little overwhelmed, having 25 teenage boys in her home at one time is a lot to take in. She just smiled and thanked us with a great big hug each time she saw us. Bronwyn was so in her element, teaching the "big boys" a song about a unicorn. That was priceless. Hannah & Kailey were both so helpful and fun! Another team members family brought a catered dinner and dessert that was out of this world. I think I would have skpped dinner for the gourmet desserts, there were so many to choose from. Yum! Lots of stories to tell, like 4 of the boys who went shopping the night before for a "Glamor Barbie" and having to call their coach and ask what a "Glamor Barbie" was and where do we find it in the store? Lots of memories made for all that were there and hopefully much Joy for the Osgood family to soak in for their special time with Skip. As the sun set the lights came on outside and inside,and the house just sparkled...as did the eyes of all who were there. some tears were shed and prayers spoken and thanks given,as for the team, they will never forget the day that Christmas came early for the Osgood Family.


Linda's take on the day ...
Oh my. How do I even begin to describe the incredible events of yesterday. Believe me, I wanted to take names and numbers (for future "potential" reference, if you know what I mean, coming from a mother of three girls :-)) of these sweet boys who so lovingly descended upon our house and wrapped, stapled, and decorated with the utomost attention to detail and then once they were finished, joined together, arm in are for group prayer!!! Our house could easily compete with Minerva street! As for the inside, baubles and bows are everywhere and the beautiful tree is complete with loads of presents that were purchased and wrapped by the boys themselves. You should have seen little Bronwyn, dressed in a leotard and dance skirt, outside in our cul de sac and later in the partk, smack in the middle of her "adopted brothers" (about 25 of them!) as a football sailed over her head and the guys dodged around her to catch it, careful not to mow her down in the process. Then there was the feast - provided by the Westin - prime rib (with au jus, horse radish and onion gravy), brussel's sprouts (I love them, weird, huh?), pasta and shrimp salad, Waldorf salad, green beans, this other veggie (I forgot the name but it was to die for), mashed potatos, rolls and bread all in a gorgeous presentation. Then to top it off, the pasterie chef made a cheescake, apple and pumpkin pie decorated to the 9's and another sweet lady handed me a fresh baked, still warm apple pie. I called Nancy Walker inviting them back to eat once I realized how much there was. Fortunately, the Shok's were able to join us along with the full house we already had. What a blessing beyond your wildest imagination!
In these last few weeks, I have been constantly reminded of Luke 2:19 where the Shepherds visited Jesus and it says, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." My heart is overflowing! I'm so unworthy and still he loves me - how truly great He is!

2 comments:

shannon12349 said...

im glad to see that there is still some good left in the world. that truly touched me.im sorry for your circumstances. happy holidays.

Cheryl LQ said...

Kailey just requested prayer, via text message to my phone. Please lift her and and her family up in prayer, her spirit was low.

Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. Psalms 62:5-7


So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God. He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:5-8