Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family & Friends

I spoke with Linda and Sherry (Skip's sister) today...

...things are changing pretty quickly for Skip and the family. He is, for the most part, staying in bed now. And, he is sleeping a lot. Sherry said that his back is very itchy (and her arm is getting tired from itching it - she has such a kind spirit and is keeping her sense of humor through this very different time.) Skip is speaking very softly but still has his sense of humor.

Skip has had lots of visitors over the past several days and more are coming... He has been blessed by all of you that have come to let him know he is special to you. His family is also gathering around -- His Dad, Mom and Step-dad, and Sister are all now here and staying close by. Sherry is staying with them at the house and seems to be the perfect balance of gentleness and strength to help the family right now.

I encourage each of you to continue to use your gifts to reach out to the Osgoods - it has truly been an amazing journey for me to walk with you all as you reach out in many different ways -- I was speaking with Linda about it today and we both ended up in tears as we went over the ways that God is covering them with his love through ...family and friends... and all of the unique gifts and offerings being presented to them...

...please continue first to pray for peace to be with them and for God to surround each of them with the perfect loving kindness that they need.

Blessings,
Debbi (friend of family)
I can be reached at loans.bydebbi@verizon.net if you would like to provide meals, cleaning or have any questions about specific needs.

2 comments:

Genny said...

Thank you so much for all the updates! I check the blog all the time. I will continue to pray for the peace and comfort of the whole family.

TStokes75 said...

Yes - thank you Debbi for being the lifeline. I can't express the deep effect the Osgood Family has had on me these past several weeks...they will remain in my prayers as I lift them up in the name of Jesus.

Blessings to you.