Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Excuse me, but I don't speak whinese

We have been working with our youngest about asking for things in a 'big girl' voice. somehow, she has developed a habit of whining for nearly everything. It gets so irritating. I have realized that it's not just her. I can hear the same whining from adults in the post office, the grocery store, the news; and because we're in an election year, candidates for public office and their 'handlers'. It's ridiculous. I remember when people would mention the weather in idle conversation, now whining has replaced 'do you think it's going to rain? '. If you're disinclined to agree with me, just listen for one entire day. You'll be amazed at how whining has crowded out genuine conversation. It's a new national past time. So I'm proposing to all the whiners out there the same advice we are giving our 5 yr old: use a grown-up voice and you'll get better results. Now, I'm signing-off because I feel whine coming on and I don't want to be a hypocrite. -Skip

No comments: